Friday, March 14, 2008

my first custom made clothing


We all got tailor made things in Hoi An. In between seeing cultural sights including a traditional music show we managed to get measured and fitted for our respective article of choice. The results were mixed but overall decent. Adele got shoes, Lorna got slacks, Erin got a dress and I got a jacket. I thought getting a personally fitted jacket that I got to pick out the colors and design for $25 was a steal so I then had a jacket (to lug around and add to my heaping backpack) and a story behind it. The girl working there was my age, she looked much older and said we looked young. She works there everyday, 14 hours sometimes. She has lived in Hoi An her whole life. She knows all the other store keepers. She works for her families business. She is another example of some other life I could have had.

No comments: