
Koh San road- this is like the LKF of Thailand. It is packed with tourists from all parts of the world and there is really nothing authentic about it other than the food and perhaps some goods that you can buy. This is where all the exchange students who we met often go to party at night but it quite different than the tourist/ex-pat street in Hong Kong just because it was dirtier on the whole, there were street vendors selling hippie dippie goods for the bohemian tourist majority, there are people approaching you at night to offer you sex shows or the infamous ping-pong shows (if you don’t know what these are, you are perhaps better off for it), and you can buy a “bucket” to drink on the street (red bull vodka concoction). We didn’t really partake in the bucket drinking but managed to opt for a nice large Chang from the 711 (tastes like soy sauce).
One thing I did get near Koh San was get my first Thai massage. Keep in mind that I was exhausted and so anything might have felt good at that point…but, on the whole, I found it enjoyable. It was about $8 for one hour and began with our horribly dirty feet getting washed. We changed into large pants and little tops and then were taken to the cool, dark room where we each got our bed and masseuse. Thai massages, I decided, are kind of like someone stretching you for you with some random strange pressure point whaps here and there. It is very interactive as the masseuse uses her body to press down on yours and intertwines her limbs with yours sometimes as well. Rather intimate I’d say. But she serenaded me well and I felt like I should give her some sort of tip. 20 baht felt like a meager tip for an hours worth of work but I rationalized it that she could buy two coconut drinks with that!! Unfortunately that was my also the last Thai massage I have ever had because we failed to get around to getting another one.
One thing I did get near Koh San was get my first Thai massage. Keep in mind that I was exhausted and so anything might have felt good at that point…but, on the whole, I found it enjoyable. It was about $8 for one hour and began with our horribly dirty feet getting washed. We changed into large pants and little tops and then were taken to the cool, dark room where we each got our bed and masseuse. Thai massages, I decided, are kind of like someone stretching you for you with some random strange pressure point whaps here and there. It is very interactive as the masseuse uses her body to press down on yours and intertwines her limbs with yours sometimes as well. Rather intimate I’d say. But she serenaded me well and I felt like I should give her some sort of tip. 20 baht felt like a meager tip for an hours worth of work but I rationalized it that she could buy two coconut drinks with that!! Unfortunately that was my also the last Thai massage I have ever had because we failed to get around to getting another one.

No comments:
Post a Comment