Saturday, January 12, 2008

An Opening







I am on sensory overload.

I literally have not rested once in the three days I have been here except to sleep and to sit down when eating or on the bus. I can’t imagine how much more my stamina can expand because I’ve always thought of myself as someone who could handle a full day, but this is ridiculous. I think that I am in for something unlike anything I’ve ever known, something frantically exciting and chaotically enlightening.

Thanks to all of you who are reading this. If I sent you a link then you must be someone I care about and this means that you must be someone who has supported me in being where I am right now, in this polluted, crowded, noisy but consistently surprising city.

My goal for this blog (no, I did not suddenly become less of a goal oriented person because I left the country): to give you impressions of things I’ve seen. To give you some insight into what my experience with Hong Kong is like allowing you to get a bit more inside my head. To assure you that I am alive and doing well and to hear your comments on what I’ve got to say. Sound okay?

No comments: